Begins on Monday, November 7th|
iACT Interactive educational program
Have you ever felt left out in a group? Have you seen people being treated wrongly just because they were different? Do you want to do something about it?
Gdje i kada
Begins on Monday, November 7th
StudioChekhov, Gajeva ul. 10, 10000, Zagreb
O čemu se radi
WHO: We are looking for people to join a diverse group of young adults from Croatia and Belgium aged 18-25.
From International Arts Centre Zagreb, Romana Petrusic (actor, director and drama trainer) and Andreana Baeva (political economist) will lead classes in artistic expression and political sciences. From UThrive Europe, Aida Pana ( emotional inteligence trainer) and Tatiana Levceva ( debate and persuasion trainer) will lead classes in social understanding and debate.
WHAT: This interactive educational program on inclusion, non-discrimination and democratic participation will include lectures, discussions, debate, drama, field trips and creative work.
Our project will culminate with the creation of a short online course on social inclusion and equity in democratic societies. Each participant will get a Certificate of Completion when they finish the program. Participants will create and work on their YouthPass throughout the project and record their experiences.
Over the course of this program participants will:
- Explore the importance of diversity in democratic societies
- Gain knowledge about the democratic processes in modern society
- Observe social exclusion from a personal and societal point of view
- Learn how social exclusion impacts our relational and social brain
- Get training on building arguments and communicating clearly
- Practise engaging in a debate
- Explore social inclusion issues through drama
- Discuss online communication and fake news
- Learn about the psychology of social activism and participation
- Explore forms of activism and democratic participation
- Gain knowledge about the benefits of activism on psychological well-being
- Learn about and present own ideas through Forum theatre
- Create an original short online course on social inclusion for the members of their generation
- Get a Certificate of Completion (for those who attend classes regularly)
Complimentary refreshments will be offered at live meetings.
WHEN: We start mid October 2022 and the program will run for 10 months, finishing mid August 2023
WHERE: Once a week, students will meet with mentors in Zagreb and Brussels in person, and once a month the whole group will meet in an online Zoom session.
WHY: This project offers young adults the ability to partake in initiating and creating change! We believe in the power of diversity working together and we wish to share with you the chance to be a part of the solution.
The project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This post reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained herein.